- This event has passed.
Developing the Creative Leader
August 15 @ 8:00 am - August 16 @ 5:00 pm
Presented by Gerard Puccio
It is widely recognized that we now live and work in an era of innovation; as such many leaders recognize that they do not have the skills now in demand in the innovation era. Today’s world of rampant change means that leaders must have the cognitive and emotional skills to lead in organizational environments characterized by volatility, uncertainty, complexity, and ambiguity. As such, creativity and creative problem solving are now touted as some of the most important leadership qualities. But where do leaders get these skills. Most MBA programs do very little by way of developing creativity competencies, in fact, most educational programs focus on critical and reactive thinking as opposed to creative and forward thinking. This unique leadership development program is drawn from the curriculum delivered at the International Center for Studies in Creativity, Buffalo State — a pioneering program in the field of creativity whose work has been demonstrated to be among the most effective at increasing creative capacities.
This two-day leadership development program is aimed at achieving the following specific goals:
- Participants will recognize the important role creativity and creative problem solving play in 21st century leadership success.
- Participants will develop the creative mindset that will enable them to be more effective as leaders in an era of innovation and change.
- Participants will learn to apply cognitive strategies that will increase confidence and competence in addressing opportunities and challenges inherent in the 21st century.
- Participants will develop the affective skills required to be successful in a world increasingly defined by volatility, uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity.
The program modules include:
- The case for creativity as a 21st century leadership skill.
- Individual feedback regarding participant’s creative-thinking preferences, areas of strength and potential areas for development.
- Tools for complex problem solving, learning to become a more effective creative thinker and problem solver.
- The emotional skills that promote effectiveness in a fast changing, increasingly uncertain, and turbulent business environment.
Creativity can change your organization, are you ready to learn more? Buy your tickets below!